Improving ecommerce user experience (UX) is one way to increase your online store’s revenue without needing to increase its traffic.
But—contrary to what you might think, good ecommerce UX requires considering more than your website’s visual design.
UX for online stores covers the way you communicate, accommodate, and nudge users throughout their buying journey, from first click to purchase.
Ahead, learn six ecommerce UX best practices, some common pitfalls to avoid, and how to identify areas of your store in need of UX attention.
What is ecommerce UX?
Ecommerce user experience (UX) is the practice of creating a seamless, enjoyable shopping experience in an online store. It involves designing a website, optimizing navigation and search functionality, and streamlining the checkout process so that customer needs are anticipated.
The aim of ecommerce UX is to decrease user friction in the hope of increasing engagement and, as a result, boosting sales.
What ecommerce UX covers
While website design plays a major role in UX, there’s a lot more to consider. Ecommerce UX designers look at website features such as:
- Loading times: Does the website load quickly and consistently across devices?
- Navigation menus: Are menus organized with users in mind?
- Accessibility: Does an online store meet the latest accessibility standards?
- Journey mapping: Is the user taken to the right place when they click a link or button?
- Mobile friendliness: Does the store function well on mobile?
- Copywriting: Do the website’s words effectively convey information and represent its brand?
Ecommerce UX also has its own set of priorities. UX designers act as advocates for your customers, visualizing and implementing the most satisfying shopping experience—which may begin before they visit your website.
According to Daniel Patricio, founder of successful small-batch snack ecommerce company Bull and Cleaver, the biggest misconception about UX for ecommerce stores is that your…
This is only a snippet of a eCommerce Article, please visit the Authors Website and Read the Full Article