Shopify upselling is one of the most powerful tools ecommerce store owners can leverage to increase revenue, sales, and average order values.
Essentially, upselling give you the opportunity to convince your customers to purchase a more expensive version of the product they’re already interested in.
While it takes some time and effort to master the art of upselling, the pay-off can be phenomenal.
Not only do you increase the average order amount on your store, but you can also enhance customer lifetime value, and pave the way for improved brand loyalty.
So, how do you upsell on Shopify?
Here’s what you’ll learn in this article:
- The concept and benefits of upselling in Shopify.
- How to create and apply effective upselling strategies.
- How to select appropriate upselling and cross-selling apps.
- How to execute successful upselling techniques.
- How to time upsell offers effectively.
- How to develop relevant and enticing upsell offers.
- How to compare products to aid upselling.
- How to create urgency in upsell offers.
- How to streamline the upselling experience.
- How to engage customers after purchase.
- How to track and optimize conversion rates.
- How to simplify upsell offers for customer clarity
What is Shopify Upselling?
The first step in mastering Shopify upselling is understanding what “upselling” actually means. Upselling is a sales technique used to convince customers to purchase a premium, upgraded, or more expensive version of an item they’ve already shown interest in.
Upselling can improve your revenue as a Shopify store owner, by allowing you to connect with and motivate customers with a high level of purchasing intent.
You’re not just targeting any lead and asking them to buy your most expensive product. You’re offering additional options to someone who has already added a product to their cart, or purchased an item.
Remember, the probability of selling to an existing customer is up to 65% higher than selling to a new one.
This is only a snippet of a eCommerce Article, please visit the Authors Website and Read the Full Article