If you want to boost engagement and establish trust with potential buyers, using the right words and phrases on your ecommerce store and marketing collateral goes a long way.
If that’s sparked your interest, you’re in the right place – here I’m revealing my top tips for improving your ecommerce copywriting! By the end of this blog post, you’ll be better equipped to write copy that engrosses prospective buyers and boosts your sales rates.
If that sounds good, grab a coffee, and let’s get started!
What is Ecommerce Copywriting?
Before diving into my top ecommerce copywriting tips, let’s ensure we’re all on the same page about what ecommerce copywriting actually is:
In a nutshell, ‘ecommerce copywriting’ is an umbrella term for all the words published on your ecommerce brand’s online store/marketing assets/ads/web pages/social media accounts, etc.
Among other things, writing copy requires you to:
- Highlight the benefits of your ecommerce products/services.
- Apply SEO best practices.
- Inspires readers to carry out your desired action(s) (i.e., make a purchase, subscribe to your newsletter, sign up for a free trial, etc.)
Examples of ecommerce copywriting include:
- Landing page text
- Product page text
- Sales page text
- Written blog posts
- Category page text
- Popup text
Ecommerce Copywriting: The Benefits for Retailers
Although I’ve hinted at some of the benefits of high-quality ecommerce copywriting, here’s a closer look at its perks:
- Great copywriting differentiates your brand from its competitors by conveying your brand’s personality, values, and mission.
- Good copy invokes feelings, answers questions, and addresses customer concerns, allowing you to better connect with potential customers.
- Good ecommerce copywriting demonstrates how your products/services satisfy your customers’ needs, which can make the difference between them buying or not.
Now we’ve explored the why, let’s move on to the how:
1. Know Your…
This is only a snippet of a eCommerce Article, please visit the Authors Website and Read the Full Article